Monday, February 25, 2013

It's Puzzling

Last weekend my husband, daughter and I were out doing errands. We had to go right by Value Village and of course I had to stop. Nothing very exciting, but I did find a few puzzles by some of my favorite artists. So, for $4.00 I was able to bring home a little entertainment!



Fifteen puzzles later....! I should explain, that one box had ten different puzzles in them, from 100 to 500 pieces, so I went through those pretty quickly!

I love puzzles!! If they're cute ones of course, and have a little variety as to the shapes of the pieces. I hate the ones where every shape is the same...boring and frustrating!

These were fun!


I have two of the Gooseberry Patch puzzles and I see that they have one with a pumpkin design too...I think I need that one! Looked on ebay...$10 for the puzzle and $13 to ship it...what is up with that??? I'll just keep looking, thank you very much!

I made this for dinner last night~



Really yummy and super easy...thank you Lynda Burke, for sharing the recipe!


2 c flour                                                                   2 c heavy cream
9 chicken breasts, washed and dried                       2 c Romano cheese
16 c spinach                                                             Salt and freshly ground pepper


Place all washed and dried spinach in a 10 x 15 pan. In shallow dish add flour and coat each breast. Place on top of spinach. Pour cream onto spinach trying to avoid chicken. Sprinkle Romano on top of chicken and season with salt and pepper.
Bake at 350 for 45 minutes until chicken is a light, golden brown.


Lynda brought this to my family last year after I had my foot surgery and it was delish!!!

I had some spinach and some chicken thawed so I thought I'd whip this up. I don't know about you, but I ALWAYS adjust according to what I have, how many servings, etc. Sooo.... I used a 9x13 pan and about 5 c of spinach. I had 4 breasts, which I sliced in half because they were so thick. I used about 3/4 c of flour and added garlic powder, garlic salt, pepper, dill, and parsley. Then I coated the chicken with that. I had half and half and used that instead of the cream, and I only had Parmesan so replace the Romano with that!



It was still amazing!! Very tender and flavorful!

Okay, so that's about all I've gotten done. Puzzles and a meal. Maybe a bit more than that, but honestly not much. I'm in a rut. I'm bored...not because I don't have anything to do, but because I have so many things that I don't want to do any...maybe that's overwhelmed! I'm a little lonely...not liking the living situation right now. And, I'm lazy...very. 

I went to volunteer today, at our local thrift store. I used to volunteer there regularly, but haven't done it for a few years. Same people in charge. Today I joined my friend who always volunteers and so we worked together. I was told by the person in charge that I needed to go through the proper channels and if I wanted to volunteer they'd put me where they had holes. They said I could stay today, but would have to do it properly next time. I must say, I was a little taken aback! This is the thrift store affiliated with the school that my kids attended for 15 years! I helped get this Thrift Store established in it's current location! These are people I have known for YEarS!!!!! I thought it was really rude, but maybe I'm over reacting. I don't think I'll be volunteering again, however!!

Venting. It was a "sucky" weekend. Someone else pretty much sucker punched me with some pent up anger on Friday and still another let me down in a big way. Still reeling from that.

Pity Party for one, please...

6 comments:

  1. Oh Holly... I hope today was a better day!

    I'm pretty sure I know what thrift store you're talking about (it's my regular)... wow is all I can say! I've been kind of "down" too... perhaps the weather? Can't seem to get myself started on ANYTHING and my sewing room is a disaster that I need to address before starting anything (boo).

    My husband has been over at the "new place" all the time but nothing for me to do there until the heat is ON and the water is working....

    Wishing a better week for you!
    ~Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. The recipe sounds wonderful, thanks for sharing! I have a crazy santa puzzle, well that is the name of it, still on my coffee table from Christmas Eve. Hubs and I worked on it over Christmas Eve, Christmas and I think the next weekend then he quit, then I quit. Red, red, and more red. I love puzzles but this one is not fun. And on top of that the one before that I started with me grandson was not fun. It was bears and greenery around them. Brown and green. I better have someone else pick out my puzzles. Sorry you are a little blue, hope you get your pep back in your step soon! I think it is the winter, time for some spring weather and blue sky for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the puzzles...and the chicken looks crazy good! I've found that going out for pie makes the sucker-punches hurt just a little less - wanna go?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you today with love and good cheer.
    "You, O Lord , keep my lamp burning; my God turns my darkness into light. With your help I can advance against a troop; with my God I can scale a wall. As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the Lord is flawless. He is a shield for all who take refuge in him. For who is God besides the Lord ? And who is the Rock except our God?" (Psalms 18:28-31 NIV84)
    Love always, Betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boo! I hope life starts looking up. In the meantime, let's have a papercrappin' night soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry about your weekend. Hope this week has been better!

    That dinner looks delicious! I would never have thought to use raw spinach like that!

    Hope the sunshine is finding your heart today!

    Happy Thursday.

    ReplyDelete