Saturday, June 13, 2009

Farm Chicks...Finally!!!

Sorry, sorry and sorry for this late post! You don't know how I ached to show all of you my pictures from the Farm Chicks show and talk and talk about the amazingly wonderful and incredible time we all had!!!! Too, too much fun!!!

I've been running around like a crazy person all week! Getting caught up with things at home, placing all of my purchases in just the right spot!!! Driving Tyler to work every morning, picking him up , taking him home to shower, taking him to basketball camp, picking him up again, taking him to Driver's Ed... I've been putting 50 miles a day on my car and not going anywhere fun!!! Just when I was ready to sit down and blog, my husband took off on a business trip to Oregon and then on to Mt. St. Helens to do a climb with some friends. Unfortunately he took my camera with him!!! He just got home today so here is my report...FINALLY!!!!

Early Friday morning as we're leaving my house:Terry, Lynda, Karen and myself. Farmchicks or bust!!! Our first stop was at a little antique store in Stanwood called Poppyseeds, but forgot to take a picture. Our second stop,( and bathroom break !) was at Yesteryear Quilts in Waterville. Cute little store and Lynda and I found a little fabric we had to have!


Next stop was at the Buggy Barn in Rearden. Love this shop!! Got some great fabric here, again Lynda and I!! Terry and Karen have such restraint!


I should back up and say that when we left my house and got about 8 miles down the road, Terry announced that she forgot her shirts!!! Left them on hangers on the door! We told her to go back, but she insisted that she could find a t-shirt for sale and would be just fine. After we got to our hotel, she realized she forgot her pants too!!! (What did that girl pack??) Oh yea, she forgot her contact case also!!!!! Sooo, we headed up to Maggie's grill for dinner and then to the mall to do a little clothes shopping!!! Got everything we needed (we all got new shirts!!!) and then back to the hotel for a lovely gab fest until 1:00 am!!!

We were up early, had breakfast, bought coffee and still got to the fairgrounds 30 minutes early, but the line was already forming. There was a sale across the street so we took turns going - I got and old wooden cooler with a metal interior!!! Picture coming up!!!

Unfortunately these pics are out of order, but here are our purchases!! We decided to go our own way when we got in the door and show our stuff to each other back at the hotel. Lynda made up the rule last year that we must arrange and display our purchases, give a little talk and tell what we liked best, best deal , etc.!!! It was really fun not knowing what people had and then seeing it all put together!!!



Karen was pretty overwhelmed by the whole thing, but she managed to come away with a few goodies!!! Her dinner bell was loved by all!!!

Terry is the consummate "giver" and many of her things were gifts for other people! She is such a love and sooo funny!!! Notice her pretty new shirt? Her sign says, "Cheapskate's Corner...Welcome!!




Now I realize that I forgot to post Lynda's purchases. I'll add that on the continuing post!!

Here I am with all of my purchases...I definitely did the most damage, but it was very fun!!!
Wooden cooler is on the right. I got stools, scoops, whisk brooms, a thermos, coffee pot, cooler jugs, screens, jewelry, a scale, metal do dads, plus more!!! I was giddy with joy!!!!

Hauling our purchases into the hotel room - we were so thankful for that cart!!

Holly's treasures up close and personal! Feel free to comment on your favorite piece!!


Me with the Farmchicks, Serena and Teri. They are such lovely and gracious ladies and took time to talk with us and sign our cookbooks. (We missed the timed signing!) They are amazing and put on the BEST show! This is my 5th show and I love it so much! Thanks Ladies!!

Some of the vendors at the show:
Seabold Vintage Market (http://www.seaboldvintagemarket.com/) from Bainbridge Island. She designs textiles which she has made in France and they are amazing. Gorgeous creams and reds, my favorites!! Barn house boy-didn't get his name, but isn't he cute with his apron?http://www.barnhousebh.blogspot.com/. They had a great booth.

The Dusty Daisies had such a cute booth. They had plants in Everything!! Such cute displays and containers. Aren't they cute?


My dear friend, Arlene,http://www.heartrockshome.com/, her son and hubby! She is so dear!!!! Bought an apron pattern and feed sack from her and hope to get it made soon!!! Really want to get one of her journals too. Beautiful handmade treasures with old paper, envelopes, note cars and precious personality. I'm saving my pennies for that one, it's that cool!!!!



The Seven Sisters, who are without a doubt, the happiest ladies there!!! They sell amazing baked goods, and treasures, laugh heartily and embrace all! They know how to have fun! What a hoot to have 6 built-in best friends!!! Love those girls!!



Don't know this gal's name, but she had on the cutest out fit!! Check out her pink and brown cowboy boots!!! Awesome!!




That's the end of the first day at the show, but the day doesn't end there!!! Stay tuned for the evening events and day two of the Farmchicks!!!!!

6 comments:

  1. Thank you!!! Finally I get to experience the Farm Chicks sale with your wonderful photos and I throughly(sp?) enjoyed it!!! God Bless ya SIL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Holly - Thank you for including our booth in your lovely post!! have to say - I especially loved the pictures of you and your friends with all your treasures . . . that is a very fun and creative idea!!

    I had such a great time at the Farm Chicks show as well - both as a vendor and a customer!! It was truly one of the best times in my life!!
    I hope you are enjoying all your goodies! Thanks again for stopping by the booth!!

    The last picture of the gal in the cool cowboy boots is Amy Smith from candywinkel - both her and her booth were as sweet as can be.

    Peace!! - liz

    p.s. a quick fyi - the Bainbridge blues' fabrics are made in Italy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. holly dear....
    such a great post! i almost felt like i was there!!! next year FOR SURE!!!
    ok, i called you today, after you stopped by to tell you i had some adorable twig furniture for you but sorry sista, my dear lisa snagged it. :) but don't be sad, sweet holly, i still have my whole storage bin to clean out yet. i'll call you. :)
    thanks for stopping by today. what a treat. sorry that i was feeding my face, yet again! stop anytime. next time i'll feed you too. :)
    good night hon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Holly, Having you stop by and peak at our trailers was a delightful surprise. Hope you enjoyed them. Jermonne is the cutie at the barnhouse boys booth. A real sweetheart he is. I know you will enjoy all your treasures! Fran #487 (Sisters on the Fly)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay. That's it, I am rounding up the sisters to go to the Farm Chicks 2010!
    It was so fun to rad about your trip and all the treasures.
    I love my treasure too, thanks so much for the necklace. As you know I am an initialaholic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. read. read about your trip...

    ReplyDelete