Friday, January 24, 2014

Before January is Over

Since I only posted once in December, I'm going to try and play catch up with Christmas before January is over !

A little decor and a couple of crafts.

The tree that never changes, even though I'd like it to sometimes !




I love those beautifully decorated, classically beautiful trees, but I keep coming back to tradition.


The Starbucks tree, that has hardly any room for anything ! When I first did this tree, 15 or so years ago, I just had the "popcorn" balls, and little Starbucks sample cups the I hung all over. Then came the popcorn garland and wooden candy canes. Then, some little kitchen ornaments and tiny mittens. And when those little vintage trailers started coming out? Oh my ! Now instead of the cups, I have real Starbucks ornaments  and cute gift cards from all over. This year I added the big, ball lights.



My office tree. Forgot to take one with the lights on !


I got the picture this year, at Grandiflora , and I got the scooter at a Junk show.


I got that little red chair at the same show, and the bucket at the Farmchicks show. I painted the table this year too.


Tiny view of the hutch. I was not on my "picture game" this year !





The other table I painted ...


The entry, with my first real chalkboard that I "copied" all by myself !


I did a few crafts this year too ! I've had these Starbucks cards for a few years now. They give all their decor away after Christmas, or sell it for pennies, and I put my name on these right away !



I wanted a little decor for my guest room so I took some frames and painted them, and then I strung the cards and taped the string to the frames. So simple !




I put them on the board and batten ledge around the room.


I also glittered some vintage cookie cutters ... that was really fun ! I do enjoy an evening of glittering!




This was a fun craft too ! Trying to find the old cars took awhile, but was worth it !



Just some cars in a jar with a little snow in it !


I decided to glitter the lid of this one, and I added some string and bells too.




I know I have some photos on my phone, but I don't have the energy to dig through them !  Besides, this is pretty boring now that Christmas is over !

A few more Christmas posts (I hope) and then I can get on to something else !

4 comments:

  1. Love all the projects Holly! Really like the cookie cutter idea. When I see them I always leave behind the ones I already own but I could pick up duplicates and do this. Great idea! Really like the jar with the glittered lid and all your painted furniture. So much to like! Hope you are staying warm where you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NOT boring!!! Love the glittering! And next year, I think I shall have a glittering evening of my own. Sounds like so much fun! Love all your trees!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Holly, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss you, and your blog posts!!

    ReplyDelete