Monday, May 10, 2010

A Walk in the Country

Hubby and I went for a walk down the lane yesterday afternoon.
I've been wanting to visit a little house and ask if I could take some pictures. We met some new friends, Bob and Carol, who were more than happy to show us their little home in the woods.
They have a couple of acres that back up to some woods, which they've been clearing out a bit and doing a little landscaping. This place should be in Better Homes and Gardens!!!
Forgot to take a picture of the cute house, but this is quite the tidy, beautifully landscaped country cottage. Carol does a lot of whimsical painting on old metal buckets and watering cans...very cute!!



I love this old washer!


You can see a bit of the house here. Very northwest craftsman style.


A few ladders, a few watering cans...much inspiration!!!

Jackson was waiting for us when we got home. I love the label on the wagon!!! Good thing he can't read!!


The weather is supposed to be nice, nice, nice!!! A few (big) landscape plans around here!
Enjoy the sunshine!!

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pictures! I hope you had a great Mother's Day!

    26 days and counting :) How many girls in your group? 4, or 5?

    E

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a great YARD!!! I love the watering cans on the ladders and how artistic that she painted them herself!!

    I'm Loving this Weather, not todays, but all weekend and I hear it's s'pose to be nice the rest of the week!!! Yippieeee ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing I love new ideas for my plants.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute!! And I LOVE the name of your blog! :) I'm also inthe northwest. Wasn't the weather lovely this weekend??!
    Blessings,
    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the photos!! and your cat photo: that's a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holly, do you and Linda and Terry want to come over today or tomorrow (13th or 14th) for lunch at noon? call me: 354-5904

    ReplyDelete