Monday, May 17, 2010

Sumner

Karen and I headed down to Puyallup on Friday to go to the Funky Junk Sister's show, http://www.funkyjunksisters.blogspot.com/.


The show didn't start til 6:00 so we spent the day in Sumner. Hit a few "horrid" garage sales and then went downtown. First stop was Today's Country Store, http://www.todayscountrystore.typepad.com.
We saw so many great things, like this tandem bicycle!!! My dad has one in his shed and I think that I need it for my place!!! Love that green!!

And I have a love for all the old tiles, bingo markers and flash cards. You really shouldn't part with anything from your childhood until you are in your 50's. That way you wouldn't part with any treasures!!

Had a nice visit with Wendy, who was so friendly and helpful. Ran into her at the show later too. Thanks for all of your advice Wendy!!!! Karen really wanted that green coffee pot, but didn't get it. Maybe next time!

We went to a few other shops too, including the Primitive Gathering. There was much coveting going on here!
Great displays!


I'll post on the show tomorrow or the next day. The suspense must build!!! Actually, I didn't take as many pictures as I thought, so I have to come up with something to add to it!!!!
Karen and I had a great day together though!!!! We know so much about each other now, that we have to be friends for life!!!!

5 comments:

  1. WOW!! Looks like some amazing shops!! Can't wait to hear more.

    Well, we are at T minus 18 days!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see pictures of the show!

    Don't you just love the Primitive Gathering?? that is one of my favorite stores in Sumner, I have a few pieces from there!

    What a beautiful weekend to go junking, bet you had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had so much fun. I love the shop with the red, white and blue area. I have been working on a similar look in my family room. Cannot wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word! I need that sign Bake Goods. Max always grouses about the house, 'there's no baked goods here,' Until I bake.
    Glad you had a fun time ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I had lots of money I would I hire you to be my personal "treasure" shopper!!!

    ReplyDelete